Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's the holidays!! YAY!



Hey everyone!

YAY! It's the holidays! Time for a well deserved break!

It's been 10 weeks since you've "upgraded" from primary school to secondary school. Most of you seem to have adapted well! Hope that is true! Secondary school can be fun with slightly more freedom but that also means you need to be disciplined and responsible for your own work.
Anyway! I'm a little bit sick after the weeks of screaming, haha, so I might be slightly slow in updating. Sorry about that.

What to expect soon:
1) Geography topographical maps for 1/3 and 1C
2) Social studies for 1A and 1B
3) English for 1B
I'll also try to put in some interesting online quizzes or videos if i find some!

Meanwhile, here are the holiday homeworks from me:

For 1B:
Check http://www.lead.com.sg/ for your english homework.
It should be updated by monday.

For 1C: English:
1) comprehension from the blue assessment book, page 17 to 22
2) newspaper article, PRs in grassroots activity, as well as corrections for vocab
Also, remember, this time's vocab is to be done like that:
eg. This information is absolutely important!
This information is very crucial!
Copy the sentence and replace the word with another word or phrase of
similar meaning.
3) composition corrections. You may type it out, otherwise copy out the
sentences with mistakes.

For 1C: Geog:
1) http://www.lead.com.sg/ or the worksheet i gave out yesterday
2) workbook exercise 5.2
3) try to understand chapter 5: topographical maps!

For 1/3: Geography:
1) http://www.lead.com.sg/ or the worksheet i gave out yesterday
2) complete the worksheet i gave during class, on topo maps.
Also for 1/3, note that there is make up class on MONDAY, 16/3 at 8am conducted by Mrs Pathy. You are to bring your geog textbook, workbook and a protractor. This is compulsory so please make sure you attend it! Don't waste Mrs Pathy's effort!

Looks like alot of homework! But i'm sure it won't take all of you more than a few hours to complete. You can play the rest of the time! All homework should be in on monday, 23/3 when school reopens okay? I don't want to hear excuses and people telling me they didn't do! =)

To end off this post, I just want to say again, teaching you guys has been a really fun and enriching experience so far. Although we have our problems sometimes and i lose my temper at some of you, do know that I still like all of you very much and believe that all of you are smart and nice people. Be confident in yourself and i'm sure all of you can do well! I hope all of you have learnt something from my classes. I have learnt alot from all of you, like how to be patient and to handle everyone differently. Some of you need me to be fierce with you while some need me to be encouraging. Give me some feedback so I know how to improve when school reopens! =)

Remember to play hard but don't forget to study hard too! Ask where you're not sure!

Lots of love for all of you,
Miss Wu!

No comments:

Post a Comment